Indian wind energy sector has grown over decades and it is considered as a one of the main stream sources of power generation in the Country. Type Certification of wind turbines plays an active role to facilitate the orderly growth of wind energy sector in India. Internationally, IEC /IECRE Certification schemes for wind turbines are well recognized and widely used. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India has notified a draft certification scheme viz., Indian Wind Turbine Certification scheme (IWTCS) vide notification dated 05.11.2018 and recognized NIWE as Type Certification body in India.
- Type certification of wind turbines based on IS/IEC 61400-22
- The Type Certificate confirms that the wind turbine type is designed in conformity with the design assumptions, specific standards and other technical requirements for wind turbines.
- Type Certificate provides confidence to the stakeholders including Financial Institutions.
- Type certification applies to a series of wind turbines of common design and manufacture.
- Type Certification services are certified as per ISO 9001 standard and recognized by the Govt of India.
- Project certification for Wind farms
- The purpose of project certification is to evaluate whether type-certified wind turbines and particular support structure/foundation(s) designs are in conformity with the external conditions, applicable construction and electrical codes and other requirements relevant to a specific site.
- Project certification helps to reduce the risk profile of a wind farm project
- Safety & Performance Assessment
- Safety & Performance Assessment for the wind turbines connected to the grid which are in operation for more than 80% of the design life.
- The outcome of the assessment facilitates in extending the operation of the turbine.
- Wind Turbine Failure Assessment
- Failures in the wind turbine system, resulting in the shutdown / under performance of the wind turbine and/or any failure requiring claim / information to Insurers including catastrophic failure.
- Failure assessment evaluation includes documentation review and site inspection.
The Division is also involved in creating the necessary IT infrastructure for effective dissemination of information.